Skip to main content
A general field of consideration, subject
of discussion or theme of writing.
A statement that argues from a specific
angle or presents a new point of view.
Greek topiká meaning "commonplace"
Greek thésis a setting down
Developing a Thesis
Framing your Thesis
- Rank / Order of Importance (what elements are most important? least?)
- Cause and Effect (what points have led to the result?)
- Contrast (what differences are there in the various points of view?)
- Perception vs. Reality (how close are they?)
- Validity/Credibility (are other points of view inadequate?)
- Ethics (challenge another point of view)
What is your essential question?
Library Information and Media Center - Monona Grove High School - Monona, Wisconsin
Answers| Catalog | Guides | Resources | Teachers